Sunday, April 4, 2021

A long line, a bp struggle and a stick of cigarette

Yes, I had my first dose of the vaccine. And the experience was worth it. 

I arrived at the Pasig City vaccination site before 8am and the line was already quite long but the people were very patient and well-disciplined. The entire vaccination process took around 2 hours and 30 minutes. 

First step — Verification. One day before vaccination, the City Vaccination Team sends a text message to each qualified individual who registered at the online portal with instructions. One must bring a valid ID and Pasig City QRPass. 
The long line of more than 200 persons started to move at around 8:30am and before entering the building, I presented an ID and mentioned my name and barangay. The staff checked with their list and then another asked for my QRPass which was scanned.
Time spent: 1 hour.

Second step - Pre-screening. At the pre-screening area, some questions will be asked to verify personal details and other relevant information. 
The second line but already inside the building with big air-cooling fans to ventilate the area and chairs. I was asked to verify my full name, address, date of birth and some medical related matters.
Time spent: 30 minutes.

Third step - Screening and Check-up. Double-check on one’s medical background and maintenance medicine/s being taken. Then the temperature, oxygen level and blood pressure check-up.
Here I struggled with the bp — first at 140/90 then 140/80 and finally on the 3rd try, it was 130/80. Btw, during this step you will be given a two-page questionnaire to answer and sign. 
Time spent: 30 minutes.

Fourth step - Final interview. Just a short final interview and to advice on steps to be taken after vaccination. 
Time spent: 10 minutes
Fifth step - Vaccination. Finally, the vaccine! As I get inoculated, there was some sort of relief. The pressure was off. 
Time spent: 10 minutes.

Sixth Step - Monitoring. After vaccination check-up on temperature, oxygen-level and blood pressure.
All normal and the bp was 110/70, twice. A vaccination ID from the Pasig City LGU was given and the date of the first dose is indicated. One must bring this ID for the second dose.
Time spent: 10 minutes.

I exited the vaccination center, walked to the parking area, changed clothes, and disinfect with alcohol. Afterwards, I went to the smoking area and lit a stick. Then I drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment